Schools often have to respond quickly in a crisis situation. They may not have the resources available.
Benhaven Learning Network (BLN) consultative services can respond quickly with trained personal to manage a situation, develop a plan, model and train district staff to effectively manage the crisis and to keep the student from being out placed. The “Train the Trainer” approach develops competencies in district personal.
- Evaluate and prepare
- Identify the student’s personal crisis team
- Create a plan
- Make environmental modifications as outlined in the plan
- Model approaches and teaching protocols
- Pair with district staff to provide feedback
- Establish communication and monitoring systems
- Analyze data and make changes if needed
This type of short-term support can usually be accomplished in a sixteen-week period.