Focusing on and interpreting the function of problem behaviors, we teach safe, community-acceptable skills that serve the same function as the current behavior.
Incorporating preferences and opportunities and rewarding positive behavior, monitoring improvement and maintaining relevant and effective plans. Rather than focusing on changing the person, we strive to change the features of home, school and community settings and define changes in the behavior of family members, teachers and supporters. Our experience confirms that “Positive Behavioral Supports” is one of the most powerful methods of “intervention” available.
Despite the massive shifts in the delivering of educational services to both our typical students and our learners with special needs, the Benhaven Learning Network is committed to providing quality behavioral, academic and social emotional consult to school districts and their staff.
- Functional Behavioral Assessments
- Ecological Assessments
- Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VBMAPP)
- Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills (ABLLS)
- Assessment of Functional Living Skills (AFLS)
- Positive Behavioral Strategies
- Teaching Protocols
- Training in Discrete Trial Instruction
- Social Skill Instruction
- Futures Planning
Scope of Services
- School Districts
- Home Based Services
- Community Based Settings
- Children through Adulthood