- Tutoring services
- Exploration of college or certification programs
- Life-long learning in areas of interest
- Managing resources
- Money management
- Consumer skills
- Developing self-advocacy skills
- Accessing accommodations
- Addressing executive functioning skills
- Increasing daily living and personal skills
- Accessing transportation
- Accessing health care and fitness
- Independent recreational and leisure activities
- Personal independence
- Understanding and conforming to social norms
- Establishing and sustaining relationships
- Nonverbal communication skills
- Conversation skills
- Career interests and exploration
- Assessment of work skills and behaviors
- Pre-employment skills including resume writing, job search, job applications, interviewing skills
- Job Development and job maintenance
- Job coaching
- Benhaven is committed to finding individuals paid, meaningful employment through a customized approach. The process begins by looking at the job seekers entire life experiences and meets with family and friends to develop basic information to begin the process.
- Staff are certified in the three main components of Customized Employment, Discovery, Job Development and Systematic Instruction.
- Personalized social experiences based on the needs and interests of the individual.
- Individuals have opportunities to engage in art, clubs, physical fitness, gaming, yoga and other areas of interest.
- Transition Assessments, including but not limited to:
- Assessment of Functional Living Skills (AFLS)
- Enderle-Severson Transition Rating Scale (ESTR-III)
- Brigance Transition Skills Inventory
- Checklist of Adaptive Living Skills (CALS)
- LIST (Learning Inventory Skills Training