Collaboration allows teachers to capture each other’s fund of collective intelligence.
Benhaven Academy’s richest resource is the competencies, knowledge and experiences of the professional staff.
- Linda Grimm, Director: Certified Elementary Education Teacher, Certified Special Education Teacher and Administrator, PhD in Leadership; more than 35 years’ experience in the field
- Christa Jachym, Clinical Coordinator: Certified Special Education Teacher and Administrator. A Board Certified and Licensed Behavior Analyst; more than 25 years supporting students in home and school settings.
- Five certified special education teachers for five classrooms.
- Five certified subject area teachers provide academic classes for middle school and high school age students.
- Jaida Hart: Certified, licensed speech/language pathologists
- Geoffrey Canales: Certified school social worker and licensed MSW
- Chris Abildgaard: Contracted school psychologist
- OT/PT, art therapy, karate are contracted as determined appropriate for a student
- Well-trained, dedicated instructional assistants
Administrative & Support Staff