Social/Life Skills Coach - Benhaven Academy
Benhaven Academy seeks a full-time Social/Life Skills Coach
Benhaven Academy is looking to hire a full time Social/Life Skills Coach. This position involves intensive work in the community, with high functioning individuals that have an autism spectrum disorder. Potential candidates need to have a college degree. The ability to work independently the ability to exercise good judgment and remain calm in a crisis is essential.
Job responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Training individuals on how to acquire the skills needed to perform specific tasks, work routine, and personal life activities that are critical to a successful career path.
- Teaching the individual independent job skills, requirements utilizing job task analysis, and job-specific supports.
- Work side by side with individuals at the job site, analyzing the job requirements and breaking it into manageable components that can be taught to the individual.
- Assisting the individual on a college campus.
- Cultivating a support network between the individual and community members.
- Communicating an individual’s progress to the employer and support people, including family, staff and other professionals.
Applicants must display a positive attitude, high level of energy and enthusiasm in supporting the individuals learning.
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: 32 to 40 hours a week. Must be able to work a flexible schedule
Pay: $20.00 per hour
Benhaven employees are subject to its Policy and Procedures On Vaccinations Against COVID-19 and must comply as a condition of being hired.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.