Paraprofessional - Benhaven School
Benhaven’s mission is to enable people with autism and pervasive developmental disorders to participate in community life, exercise productive control over their own lives, have meaningful relationships and associations, are gainfully employed, and experience happiness and personal satisfaction.
Collaboration, and problem solving are strong among all employees and our students’ families. Many opportunities for professional development, and subsequent promotion/pay increases and increasing responsibilities.
Read the application process carefully:
Benhaven School offers comprehensive training and ongoing support on how to work effectively with high-needs students. To learn more about the position and what is needed to apply, send your resume to: email@example.com Include in your cover letter why you would be a good match to work with children on the autism spectrum.
- This is a fulltime position: starting pay is $16.50/hr
- 90 day probationary period, after meeting this successfully, the rate is increased to $17.00/hr and promoted to the next level of this position
- 7 Vacation days (accrued; increased to 10 days at 2-year anniversary and 15 days at 5-year anniversary) 10 Sick days (accrued) and 3 Personal (prorated) days. A total of 12 paid holidays including Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas week and New Year’s Day
- Medical and Dental Insurance after 60 days and determined a good match
- Monday – Friday 9:20 am – 4:20 pm year round
Requirements: Paraprofessional experience is definitely considered however we will train for this position. Implementation of lessons and routines in classrooms and community environments. Build student resumes through vocational jobs. Support students with hygiene, toileting and behavioral issues, occasionally intervening physically.
- Physically able to work with this population
- Candidates must agree to the following:
- DCF and DDS background checks
- State and Federal Fingerprinting and Criminal background checks
- Be prepared to provide the following before an interview:
- Three (3) professional letters of reference
- Highest degree, diploma or able to produce transcripts
- Two forms of ID to an interview., e.g., valid Driver’s License, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate and/or a valid Passport
To read more about our organization, please visit our Benhaven website www.benhaven.org
Benhaven employees are subject to its Policy and Procedures On Vaccinations Against COVID-19 and must comply as a condition of being hired.
Benhaven is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.