Family Support Specialist/ Behaviorist (IFS)
Join our team to assist individuals and their families in improving the quality of their lives. Position offers very nice salary and benefit package for F/T staff.
Master degree or BCBA required
Job duties could include but are not limited to:
- Oversee planning and implementation of in-home support to children and adults who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental disabilities and/or other DSM diagnoses.
- Complete a FBA.
- Be familiar with Positive Behavior Support principles.
- Develop plans to enable families to provide appropriate care to their children and avoid having the children to require out-of-home placements.
- Work with families to create and implement positive behavioral support plans for children have maladaptive behaviors, social deficits, anxiety, and/or compulsivity.
- Assist families to become able to establish positive daily routines in the home for their children and to promote learning and practice of daily life skills.
- Work with the child's school to develop coordinated programming between the school and home.
- Train and supervise direct line staff to carry out plans in the home and community.
- Monitor the services of each assigned family and provide clinical updates and other reports to Connecticut's Department of Children and Family Services and Department of Developmental Services.
- Assist Director of Individual and Family Support in administrative management of area, including interviewing job applicants, evaluating referred cases, and reviewing and submitting required paperwork
Applicant must have the following requirements:
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst or LCSW or LMFC or Masters in Special Ed, Social Work or Psychology
- Min. 3 years’ experience with Positive Behavioral Supports, Writing Positive Behavior Support Plans
- Flexible scheduling that will include late afternoons and early evenings and very occasional weekend hours
- Knowledgeable of current trends in autism supports
- Ability to work with families
- Ability to train and supervise direct care staff
- Must pass complete background checks
Compensation: Excellent pay and benefits for Full-Time
This is at a non-profit organization.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-Time available
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
Send resume and cover letter to Tacie Lowe at email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.